Complete Socket making system for a prosthetic leg WITH VIDEO and instructions on how to do it.
O.K. - so either there is no insurance or it does not cover a prosthetic.[ You can opt out of Google Ads if you are a registered user at /ad-options ]
Maybe that 20% co-pay is just a bit much . . . for an over-priced bunch of nuts, bolts and carbon fiber casting your can see you can find here cheaper and do yourself.
"Real" amputees learn how to take care of themselves - as they wear the darn thing anyway.
The missing link is the socket - how do you get one or make one?
What about the parts and materials you need?
Well . . . technically while a prosthetic requires a doctor's prescription - mainly the reason is to TELL the prostheticist how and what to build - which is not happening these days - it is other way around, you can build you own socket easier than you think right at your home; the parts and materials to build one yourself usually do not need a prescription. (Only a knee or foot if bought new from a supplier)
This comes with a one and one-half hour video that shows you how to cast a (your) stump, cast and make the socket, and setup the leg properly after.
How ? . . . . First you cast your own stump - or have someone help. We tell you how in the kit, and show you on the video. Then you make a reverse of the stump - the pic you see of this listing.
We tell you how in the kit, and show you on the video. You finish it smooth. Now for the hard part and the need for the things in the kit - and the instructions on how to do it - to make the actual socket. We tell you how in the kit, and show you on the video.
Then the attachment method for the knee and leg parts - a four bolt attachment plate for "one-shot" embedding included in the kit. We tell you how in the kit, and show you on the video. Four attachment bolts you use in keeping the holes available on the plate while molding the socket, and then attach the pyramid mounting plate to it. You watch the video which shows the complete of an actual socket from start to end; and read the instructions carefully, and then do it !!!
In the kit you get for making a direct contact suction socket . . .
* A Pint of casting resin and hardener with four rubber gloves
* About .5 cu ft casting plaster.
* 2 Special molding bags
* 1 - 3 ft length of Special carbon fiber reinforcing tube cloth
* 2 - 3 ft lengths (6ft total uncut) of Special nylon fiber reinforcing tube cloths
* Direct contact type socket air valve - various brands
* Steel 1/4 inch threaded four bolt plate attachment hardware plate for one-shot embedding into socket
* Four bolts and vinyl sleeve tube to fit over threads to protect during one-shot embedding during casting of socket
* 1 hour email tech support
* Source list for other materials
* A full 1.5 hour video showing step by step on casting your stump, making a check socket if you want, adjusting it yourself if you want, and on how it is done making an actual socket. ( tells you how to shortcut on some tools and plaster savings too)
* Instructions with some pictures
You can do this - it is designed for non artistic types. You can make a socket as good as any prostheticist. What you will need is a power drill minimum and some drill bits of various sizes, grinding and cutting wheels or a hand grinder (about $20.00 each at Harbor Freight - $10.00 if you catch the sale) A way to pull vacuum - either from an air compressor suction inlet side (rent one or buy an el cheapo) or a refrigeration vacuum pump or air compressor vacuum adapter (use on rented unit) like from Harbor Freight for about 15.00 Some sandpaper, good sense and ability to follow directions and the video included. Miscellaneous odds and ends like tape, tubing for vacuum air supply etc.
Most International shipping is $39.95
THUS . . . THESE ARE THE TERMS AFFECTING THE SALE AND GRANT OF LICENSE TO USE - IF YOU BID ON OR PURCHASE THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS BELOW FOR US TO COMPLY WITH LAW
1. NON-COMPETE COVENANT. For a period of six years after the effective date of this Agreement automatically renewing thereafter if not formally canceled by notice via certified mail at least thirty days prior to the date of this agreement anniversary, Licensee Party will not directly or indirectly engage in any business that competes with THIS SELLER. If canceled at any time, a six year period then runs from the date of that cancellation. This covenant non-compete covenant however shall never expire, and shall apply to the geographical area that includes the area covered by that of the Internet, which would be worldwide.
2. NON-SOLICITATION COVENANT. For a period of six years after, and renewing each successive period each thereafter, the effective date of this Agreement, Licensee Party will not directly or indirectly solicit business from, or attempt to vend, license or provide the same or similar products or services as are now provided to, any customer or client of THIS SELLER. Further, for a period of six years after the effective date of this Agreement. Licensee Party will not directly or indirectly solicit, induce or attempt to induce any employee of THIS SELLER to terminate his or her employment with THIS SELLER or any of it’s affiliates. This agreement is valid whether the initial sale commenced online or not and/or have been timely pay for as such. Licensee Party may not vend these or similar items online or through any other online sales service without prior authorization.
3. PAYMENT. THIS SELLER will ship to Licensee upon payment and completion of a properly completed order as set forth above.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY. Licensee will not at any time or in any manner, either direct1y or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of Licensee, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to THIS SELLER and Licensee will protect such information and that it as strictly confidential. The obligation of Licensee not to disclose confidential information shall continue for a period of six years after the effective date of this Agreement and as successively automatically renewed thereafter if not formally canceled 30 days prior to the anniversary date of this agreement. Licensee will return to THIS SELLER all records, notes, documentation and other items that were used , created, or controlled by Licensee in the performance of this agreement whether created and provided by THIS SELLER or not.
5. THE OWNER is THIS SELLER, The Recipient is a Licensee, of a proprietary product and design protected by design copyright and/or Patents and Patents Pending.. The Owner has requested that the Recipient will protect the confidential material and information which may be disclosed between the Owner and the Recipient. Therefore, the parties also further agree as follows.
6. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The term "Confidential information" means any information or material which is proprietary to the Owner, whether or not owned or developed by the Owner, which is not generally known other than by the Owner, and which the Recipient may obtain through any direct or indirect contact with the Owner.
a) "Information" includes without limitation:
a.1 Business records and plans
a.2 Customer lists and records
a.3 Trade secrets
a.4 Technical information
a.5 Products (and or pictures of them)
a.6 Product design information
a.7 Pricing structure
a. 10 And other proprietary information.
b. “Confidential information” does not include:
b. 1 Matters of public knowledge that result in disclosure by the Owner.
b.2 Information rightfully received by the Recipient from a third party without a duty of confidentiality;
b.3 Information independently developed by the Recipient;
b.4 Information disclosed by operation of law;
b.5 Information disclosed by the Recipient with the prior written consent of the Owner;
b.6 And any other information that both parties agree in writing is not confidential.
7. PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The Recipient understands and acknowledges that the Confidential Information has been developed or obtained by the Owner by the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that the Confidential information is a valuable, special and unique asset of the Owner which provides the Owner with a significant competitive advantage, and needs to be protected from improper disclosure. In consideration for the receipt by the Recipient of the Confidential Information, the Recipient agrees as follows:
a) No Disclosure. The Recipient will hold the Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclose the Confidential Information to any person or entity without the prior written consent of the Owner.
b) No Copying/Modifying. The Recipient will not copy or modify any Confidential information without the prior written consent of the Owner.
c) Unauthorized Use. The Recipient shall promptly advise the Owner if the Recipient becomes of aware of any possible unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
d) Application to Employees. The Recipient shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any employees of the Recipient, except those employees who are required to have the Confidential Information in order to perform their job duties in connection with the limited purposes of this Agreement. Each permitted employee to whom Confidential Information is disclosed shall sign and/or be under the same and similar nondisclosure agreement substantially the same as this Agreement at the request of the Owner.
8. UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION INJUNCTION If it appears that the Recipient has disclosed (or has threatened to disclose) Confidential information in violation of this Agreement, the Owner shall be entitled to an injunction to restrain the Recipient from disclosing the Confidential Information in whole or in part. The Owner shall not be prohibited by this provision from pursuing other remedies, including a claim for losses and damages.
9. RETURN OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Upon the written request of the Owner, the Recipient shall return to the Owner all written materials containing the Confidential information. The Recipient shall also deliver to the Owner written statements signed by the Recipient certifying that all materials have been returned within five (5) days of receipt of the request.
10. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. Neither party has an obligation under this Agreement to purchase any service or item from the other party, or commercially offer any products using or incorporating the Confidential Information. This Agreement does not create any agency, partnership, or joint venture.
11. NO WARRANTY. The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information is provided on an “AS IS” basis. THE OWNER MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE PERFORMANCE OR USE OF ANY PORTION OF THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS BEYOND WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS. The Owner does not represent or warrant that any product or business plans disclosed to the Recipient will be marketed or carried out as disclosed, or at all. Any actions taken by the Recipient in response to the disclosure of the Confidential information shall be solely at the risk of the Recipient.
12. LIMITED LICENSE TO USE. The Recipient shall not acquire any intellectual property rights under this Agreement except the limited right to use as set forth above. The Recipient acknowledges that, as between the Owner and the Recipient, the Confidential information and all related copyrights and other intellectual property rights, are (and at all times will be) the property of the Owner, even if suggestions, comments, and/or ideas made by the Recipient are incorporated into the Confidential information or related materials during the period of this Agreement.
13. INDEMNITY. Each party agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party and its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, distributors, representatives, and employees from any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, costs and expenses resulting from the indemnifying party’s material breach of any duty, representation, or warranty under this Agreement.
14. ATTORNEYS FEES. In any legal action between the parties concerning this Agreement, the prevailing party shall he entitled to recover reasonable attorneys fees and costs.
15. GENERAL PROVISIONS. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties regarding confidentiality. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties either electronically under Public Law 106-229 and notice is made here and now. Notice of such agreement delivered by positive delivery email shall suffice under Public Law 106-229. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of California. This Agreement shall not be assignable by either party. Neither party may delegate its duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party. The confidentiality provisions of this Agreement shall remain in frill force and effect at all times after the effective date of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining portions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and construed so as to best effectuate the original intent and purpose of this Agreement.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written.
17. SEVERABILITY. The patties have attempted to limit the non-compete provision so that it applies only to the extent necessary to protect legitimate business and property interests. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
18. INJUNCTION. It is agreed that if Licensee Party violates the terms of this Agreement irreparable has and will occur, and money damages will be in sufficient to compensate THIS SELLER, Therefore, THIS SELLER or the agent thereof will be entitled to seek injunctive relief (i.e,. a court order that requires Licensee Party to comply with this Agreement) to enforce the terms of this Agreement.
19. APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
20. ENFORCEABILITY AND APPLICABILITY This Agreement is in force majure upon receipt of funds, delivery or shipping of the product, and this agreement may be modified by THIS SELLER upon service of any amendment upon the Licensee Party if not objected to within 5 days. If you purchase and seek reimbursement through an insurance carrier, we will then refund your purchase price AFTER payment is approved AND received from the carrier only. If the reimbursement effort is not successful and / or denied, then there is still no refund, but your warranty on new or rebuilt units will apply only submitted through US, per the manufacturer's normal warranty policies and your compliance to our instructions and demands of proof of proper set up.